inspired by x
I have no idea what I was expecting from that picture but it wasn’t this. And it’s glorious
- overall character redesign. gwen looking exactly like she did at age 10 at now, 16 or 17 makes me uncomfortable. I loved both the AF blue and UA red but I don’t get why she’s wearing the same exact thing she used to. kevin’s even worse, him looking like her does, with the bike lock- which for those of you who don’t know, that’s the first thing he ever stole when he ran away to New York- but it makes no sense for him to wear it after his reform, isn’t all of AF and part of UA kevin showing he isn’t what he used to be? also he has the darkness around his eyes which is a heavy continuity error because he’s only supposed to get that if he’s absorbed energy aka evil kevin again. ben just looks like a hyperactive 10 year elf, the real question is when will that boy grow?
- the idea that they’re dumbing it down. yes, the series was originally intended for, well, ten year old boys, but AF and UA really showed such a lovely darker, more complex plot that both a younger and older audience could enjoy. I used to be able to defend myself when I told people I watched ben 10, but now, there’s an alien of legos and I’m embarrassed to even watch the few episodes of Omni I have.
- Lack of overall concept usage. I got into Ben 10 season 2ish of AF so I knew what was coming next after AF and the same for UA. when I read the concept for Omni I was really excited, the idea of having two interlocking universes of the time gap sounded great. But they’ve done nothing with it. I wanted to see little Ben yell at big Ben for the some of the choices he made, for breaking every watch ever and letting Kevin into the group. I wanted baby Kevin shocked and slightly appalled of Kevin’s reform and older Kevin chuckling and deciding it would be best to just let him figure it out on his own. and most of all, the gwevin shipper in me coming to the surface, I wanted the reaction of both younger gwen and kevin to their soon to be relationship because that’s actually a really funny thing if you think about it because they both just mutually hated each other when they were younger but had little contact and hated each other because of their relation to ben and their relationship was the biggest curve ball early AF brought in context of the original series.
- Gwen’s anodite reboot. I hate the new meshing of Lucky Girl and Gwen’s alien bloodline. it’s so unnecessary and takes out a huge chuck of Gwen’s character. having her be an anodite , but then only leading up to that reveal with a shown interest in magic was great but making them be one in the same is dumb. the original anodite design is beautiful and simple and I love it but when’s wearing the Lucky Girl costume I actually feel second hand embarrassment, I don’t understand this obsession with making Gwen be so much like her original character. it’s like reverse maturing.
- Also completely changing everything about Kevin’s good backstory on he wants to be good and now his Dad’s fake and he isn’t even an alien hybrid and I’m so angry about this one I’m not getting into it. oh, and his car.
- The new awkward goofiness than seems so outdated an forced because the show grew up an matured and on ha a good balance of mild goofiness and seriousness and now it’s geared so onl5 year old boys with a IQ of 20 can enjoy it and I don’t understand that.
- Makin Gwen, Kevin and Ben fit stupid character type stereotypes. The uptight nerd, the dumb tough guy and whatever ADHD infused thing they made Ben. Remember when Kevin wanted to get his GED and Ben struggled with how to handle Ultimate Kevin and we saw how stressful Gwen’s life was?
- Taking out Gwen and Kevin to have the Rook and Ben thing then having this really weird, forced, poorly though out way to throw them back in to save face.
- Reusing plots. poorly.
that’s really all I to say, I gave up on the show after the first episode I’ve only wanted like since so some stuff may be little off but i just really hope they fix the show to make it something Dwayne would be proud of again
"change is scary fire is bad and i’m a big crybaby"
The conclusion of SLEEP DEPRIVATION COMICS
we’ve all had crushes we very strongly regret
evil laugh because rebekah, i know yours ◠‿◠
oh shit rebekah watch out
orange is the new black meme | 8 inmates"i’m crazy. i’m a crazy person. there is something really wrong with me."
trying to teach your friend how to ride a bike
are we allowed to ask WHY THIS PHOTO EXISTS?
This is the best link ever
what did I just …
When white people try to tell you how they have experienced racism.
this really pisses me off tho. every race expierences racism, even if it doesn’t happen so much to them as it does to another race.
Please do tell.
White people asking questions about my turban. (Pt.1)
Listen, I don’t have a problem with heterosexuals, I work with one, I’m just not sure if I’m comfortable with seeing them on t.v. where impressionable young children can see them.